Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Creativity ~ Pumpkin Crayons

A friend of mine posted these on FB the other day and she graciously allowed me to share them on my blog!  I think these are fabulous!! 



Here is the recipe:

First of all, use ONLY Crayola crayons. I learned the hard way and tried the cheap Rose Art ones and they are just a waste of time, leaving a clear waxy film that you can't do anything with.

Peel the crayons, and I would suggest using a box cutter to score down the side of the crayon first...makes the job go a lot faster.

Break the crayons into small pieces, approx 1/2 - 1/4 inch in size.



Place the crayon pieces into a silicone baking mold and fill each mold to the top. The molds I have used in the past are the Wilton brand. You can find them at Walmart in the holiday section or most craft stores.

Bake at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes until crayon bits are completely melted. Remove from oven and let sit until completely cooled. If they are still difficult to remove from the mold, place the mold in the freezer for a few minutes and they should pop right out.

Do you have a unique, creative fall activity or craft? Please post it in the comment section or email me and I will feature it on my blog!!

Thanks, Kara!!

No comments:

Post a Comment